Week in Review

This is approximately our 14th week of school, though I haven't kept up with weekly reviews. I'm going to try to do better this semester. We started our science study of the human body last week and have been reading Usborne's What's Inside You and The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body. This weekend I plan to go and purchase paper to use to draw her outline, and next week we will begin looking at the body more in depth. We are loosely using Jessica at Trivium Academy's wonderful lesson plan. I have just tweaked the books to incorporate ones I already had on hand.

This week we studied about Joshua and the Battle at Jericho, Israel and the Judges, and Samuel through MFW 1st. As usual, I read her the story, she reads me the story from the reader on Tues. and Thurs. and then draws and writes in her Bible Notebook. Here is a picture of our activity from the Samuel study:

She weaved/wove a mat like the one Samuel would have slept on.

This week she did the review lesson for Chapter 6 and we began Chapter 7: Money in BJU math.

She completed pages 66-69 of Primary Phonics Workbook 1.

In addition to the reader, she also read these two books from Primary Phonics Set 3.

And she created a beautiful fairy tiara with the help of Usborne's 50 Things to Make and Do.

Comments

Popular Posts