Overtaken: Blessings of 2007

And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 28:2


Now, I don't claim to have obeyed every word the Lord has given me, but, out of His great mercy and love, I have definitely been overtaken by blessings this year.

Some of the greatest blessings have been the birth of our darling boy--Sawyer--and the health of both of my children.

This season in our life has been a difficult one, but, as always, God has richly blessed us with growth. Growing is hard work, but thankfully we have a Gardener that is all-wise and quite gentle and gracious. He never gives up on us, through all our struggles with order and organization, and this year specifically placed us both in positions where we had to allow Him to painfully stretch us in these areas.

We have been in want for nothing financially this year. The Lord has met our every need and has even blessed us with the ability to meet the needs of others as His vessel.

I could truthfully go on and on. The blessings are too numerous to count, and can be quantified by one of Riley's favorite numbers: infinity.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."
Lamentations 3:22-24











Comments

Popular Posts