More Great Free Resources: Bird Study


I've mentioned some of these sites before, but thought I would gather them together in one post. We are using these sites alongside our study of birds using Burgess Bird Book for Children. (I just discovered that this book is also available to read here at Internet Archive.)

Ambleside Online has links with paintings of each bird type introduced. Scroll down the page to the section titled "Natural History." There you'll also find links to sites with the bird songs and calls of each bird and coloring sheets for many.

I found this Bird Book online and the Internet Archive site.

This morning I discovered eNature through a link at Ambleside. I only wish I'd found this one sooner as it has pictures of most of the birds we've been studying along with audio for each. This site is not exclusive to birds and will come in handy in future animal studies.


Comments

Popular Posts