For You are with me

Before

After


One thing that I marveled at as a new mom was how powerful my touch was with my child. With just a hug, I was able to squelch fears. With a kiss, I could stop pain. Not only was I overwhelmed by the power, but also by my desire to use it. It was impossible to see my child in any pain or distress and restrain myself from scooping her up in my arms. Of course, it is the same now as then, as you can see from these before and after pictures with Sawyer. This amazing love always brings to mind the verse where Jesus expresses his longing to gather up the children of Jerusalem as a mother hen would gather her chicks under her wing.

Riley and I have been studying the 23rd Psalm, and the book we are using--Comfort for a Child's Heart--is almost a child's version of a great book, Phillip Keller's A Shepherd Looks at Psalms 23. Both of these books take the Psalm apart and share relevant nuggets of wisdom about shepherds and their sheep that illuminate each verse. They both emphasize the fact, that no matter what circumstances surround them, the sheep are always calmed and comforted when the shepherd is in their presence.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.... Psalm 23:4a

post signature

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Sarah said…
was this after the slip n slide? I love it. Such soothing medicine a mother touch truly holds. You're our favorites.
Amy said…
Awww...that's beautiful, Dawn. No truer words were spoken (er, written, in this case).
:-)

Popular Posts