Prayer for this child

This song is written and performed by Sara Groves, one of my favorite singer/songwriters. Since the first time I heard it, this song has traveled with me. I share it with you now in honor of the upcoming Momma's Day.



I do not know how I am to pray for this child
As a mother I don't want my baby denied
But in the waiting, in the waiting
I learned to hold on to the heart of God.

Every instinct in me wants to shield him from pain
Take the arrows of misery, heartache and blame
But in the sorrow, in the sorrow
I learned to hold on to the heart of God.

I only have two eyes - be all seeing
I only have two hands - be everywhere
I do not know enough - be all knowing
I give my baby up into your care

I do not know how I am to pray for this child
I want to guard him from everything wicked and wild
but in the trial, in the trial
I learned to hold on
And in the trial, in the trial
You'll learn to hold on to the heart of God

Comments

What a beautiful song/prayer! Sara Groves has such a way w/ words & music :) Thanks for sharing.

Popular Posts