"Life is bigger"

I'm back! :)

I've had trouble getting back into blogging of late. Perhaps it is due in part to spending more time at facebook. I like to think it is mostly because life has gotten a bit bigger 'round here. I am trying to work on my brain a bit, not that homeschooling doesn't do that for you already. But I needed something a little more challenging than second grade math to excite this old brain of mine. Answer? Latin.

Next year our home school Latin studies will ramp up quite a bit, and I had planned to continue learning Latin alongside Riley. However, a wise and intelligent friend who shall remain nameless (*cough* Zelda) encouraged me to get a headstart by studying with Henle. She was even kind enough to offer to join me...others came on board...and now we have our own little Latin study group going. I am just in the beginning stages, but I cannot begin to express how much I am enjoying it. I have always had an affinity for the classics and studied Greek in college. Starting Latin has reminded me of the excitement of my Greek classes. I am not naive enough to forget though, that Greek also had me banging my head against the wall at times...but as long as the Latin honeymoon lasts, I am going to enjoy it.

I'm also reading some great books that have been stretching my heart as well as my mind:

Comments

Hugh said…
Dawn, Your blog is great. hoping that I will have more time to read it very soon! Love
Hugh said…
Hugh is Brady Warren!
zelda said…
Looking forward to hacking our way through Henle together! Glad you're back.

Popular Posts